Dr. McCoy Medical Device from the Star Trek episode "The Omega Glory" (NBC-TV, 1966-69).
This prop can be seen on McCoy´s diagnostic table on Omega IV as he searches for an antidote to the mysterious disease that killed the landing party of the Exeter. It consists of a machined aluminum sleeve into which the "electronics" head fits, which is constructed of black-painted wood with brass dowels on the bottom, red-painted surface.
Measures 2 1/2 in. diameter and 11 in. tall when fitted together. This piece comes direct from the collection of Henry Renshaw, a financial representative at Paramount from 1948-1975, and includes a letter of provenance from Renshaw which states that he was given this prop by Russ Brown, an executive in charge of the back lot departments at Paramount.